The Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria yesterday announced they have expelled top Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, from the Hausa film industry because she featured in a romantic musical video by Jos born singer, ClassiQ and hugged, cuddled the music artist.


Press play after the cut to see the video. The association said the feature was immoral and also warned other actors and actresses to henceforth follow the rules binding their participation in the Kannywood film industry.

Meanwhile, a die hard Rahama Sadau fan has started a campaign demanding that MOPPAN takes Rahama Sadau back. Also read the mail I received from the fan this morning below.





Please Help Rahama Sadau 
Dear Laila, 
I am sure you already know that Rahama Sadau has been suspended for hugging a man in a music video. I am a poor girl like Rahama from the North who once found her impressive life an inspiration, the way she was able to rise from being an everyday girl from Kaduna to starring in Nollywood pictures made me dream, maybe one day, I too could.  
In many ways, I think she's a lot like you - a woman facing the brute reality of trying to make it in a man's world. Unfortunately, Rahama's 'inspiring' days are about to be cut short. I know its a lot to ask, I know you have so many more important things to deal with and I know this might never get to you, but something in me told me I had to at least try. 
I have started a petition on change.org,( https://www.change.org/p/motion-picture-practitioners-association-of-nigeria-moppan-bring-back-rahama-sadau?recruiter=605081813&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink) demanding that MOPPAN has a rethink on its decision. 
MOPPAN is a national body and whether they like it or not, the people in Nollywood hold all the big guns, and there aren't many women with your reach or influence that can or might be willing to make them chip in.  
Please share my petition on your site, or perhaps just give your voice to those calling for more fairness in the matter. 
The people that did this are being inspired by the same religious puritanism that inspired Boko Haram, please help poor northern girls know that it's not a crime to hug or be hugged, it's not crime to do what men are allowed to do everyday of their lives. 
Thank You
M***** J******



Post a Comment

 
Top